Most of us long to be in control—of our schedule, our relationships, and our future.
Newlywed Laura Story thought she had control over the great life ahead of her. After all, she followed Jesus and had a promising new job as a worship leader. Why would God not want to fulfill her dreams?
But when Laura and her husband, Martin, faced a brain tumor, infertility, and a son’s birth defect, she realized she’d been looking for a happiness that comes from circumstances, rather than a deeper joy that comes from God.
Now the Grammy Award–winning singer-songwriter known for such hits as “Blessings,” “Indescribable,” and “Mighty to Save” shares her powerful story of finding blessing in her deepest pain. Again and again, Laura had to surrender her vision for her life so she could embrace God’s vision. And again and again she learned that even in the midst of shattered dreams, God’s plan brought greater joy than she could have imagined.
In I Give Up, Laura explores:
- How to delight in God’s gifts no matter your circumstances
- Why waiting on God is a daily decision, not a step-by-step process
- The strength we find from meditating on God’s Word
- Why surrendering to God leads to reconciliation with others
- How the things we consider to be losses are ways for God to display his glory
MUSIC CD (5 songs)
- Not My Life
- You Cannot Be Stopped
- I Give Up